eBay seller updates: stay on top of the latest changes
If you sell on international eBay sites, make sure you stay on top of the latest eBay seller updates.
New regulations, new initiatives and policy changes can all have a big impact on your eBay shop. Some may vary from country to country.
Learn more about the latest eBay seller updates* and how they can potentially affect your online business!
*The information in this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. For more detailed information and eBay seller updates, we encourage you to visit eBay’s website.
eBay US: Seller Updates
For starters, many of the changes and updates on eBay US will be relevant to other English-speaking eBay markets, such as the UK, Australia or Canada. However, for accurate information, make sure to check specific eBay sites.
This spring, eBay US is:
- Increasing efforts to reduce unpaid items with automatic payment collection (to help you reduce operational costs and save time)
- Updating to a more accurate way of counting listing page views and updating how traffic data is displayed on your listings (to give you clearer insight into your listings’ performance)
- Improving methods to filter out non-human traffic to show views by potential buyers more accurately
- Showing you a 30-day rolling count of listing views instead of a lifetime count (to make it easier for you to see trends as they’re happening and to adjust your listings to perform at their best)
- Offering the new eBay app messaging experience beta (to make communication between sellers and buyers easier).
eBay US is also introducing category changes to:
- Create more intuitive buying, selling, and search experiences
- Enhance search engine optimization
- Bring eBay into closer alignment with industry-standard classifications
- Make it easier for domestic and international buyers to find your items.
As of May 2022, if you listed an item in an affected category and your listing is impacted by the changes, eBay will automatically move your listing to the most relevant category. As a result of these changes, you may experience a change in the fees.
eBay is also rolling out new item specifics in some categories and updating a few category structures and item specifics names. The goal is to help listings better match buyer searches.
eBay is adding new item specifics in the following categories:
- Collectibles (Toys)
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Garden
- Parts & Accessories.
These item specifics can include things like brand, color or size. They help to give your listings the best chance of being discovered. New item specifics will be available on May 17. These item specifics will be required in mid-July 2022.
eBay suggests you use some useful tools to help you find and update missing item specifics, such as Download/Upload file in the Seller Hub Active Listings page, reminders in Seller Hub and My eBay, quick filters, the Required Soon feature or editing item specifics in bulk.
If you sell in any of the categories above, add these new item specifics as soon as they’re available.
Download your essential and printable guide to global ecommerce now: FREE Ecommerce Calendar 2023!
When it comes to fees and financial, you can expect:
- On-demand payouts (to be requested in the Payments tab in Seller Hub)
- Additional flexibility with new payout scheduling options (in addition to daily and weekly schedules, there are now biweekly and monthly options for payouts)
- Introducing Spendable funds (sellers will have the option to use the earnings from their sales to fund their eBay purchases, without waiting for a payout to their bank account; when you sell, your earnings become spendable funds as soon as the buyer pays; how you use them is up to you).
- More flexibility and control over your money.
Click the links below for more detailed updates on eBay US:
2022 Spring Seller Update
Listing & Promoting
Running Your Business
Fees & Financials
eBay UK: Seller Updates
Many of the updates on eBay UK are similar to those on eBay US.
Some updates on eBay UK include:
- Introducing new item specifics in some categories and making updates to classifications
- Classification changes
- New ways to list and promote
- Rolling out new item specifics in some categories to help listings match buyers searches
- Updating a few category structures and item specifics names
- A more accurate way of counting page views and updating how traffic data is displayed on your listings
- Showing a 30-day rolling count of listing views instead of a lifetime count.
eBay will release updates to category structure from 17 May 2022. The goal is to help buyers find it easier to discover your items. Additionally, aligning categories across international eBay sites will make cross-country trading on the eBay sites easier.
After the changes, your listings may be automatically moved to another category. You may also see a change in the pricing fees in the affected categories.
Similarly to eBay US, eBay UK is adding new item specifics in the following categories:
- Collectibles (Toys)
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Garden
- Parts & Accessories.
Click the links below for more detailed updates on eBay UK:
Business Seller Update
Updates to item specifics and category structures
A more accurate way of counting listing page views
Ecommerce after Covid-19 & Brexit: FREE Download
Seller updates on eBay Australia, eBay Canada & international eBay sites
Some seller updates on eBay Australia:
- Testing a process that collects payment details from some buyers when they make an offer for your items. The goal is to reduce unpaid orders.
- Sellers will be able to reach more buyers by sharing their eBay listings on social media via social sharing buttons.
- Rolling out new Item Specific requirements in some categories and updating a few category structures and Item Specifics names.
- A more accurate way of counting page views and updating how traffic data is displayed.
- Introducing eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex: a new solution which helps sellers offer an exceptional delivery service. The Australian fulfilment centres, based in Sydney, offer end-to-end inventory management, both on eBay and across other selling platforms.
- Learn more about Aussie Seller News.
Some seller updates on eBay Canada:
- A more accurate way of counting listing views and adding new listing-level traffic history
- Lifetime views are switching to a 30-day rolling view count
- Learn more about Spring Seller Updates on eBay Canada.
For the latest changes on various international eBay sites, go to changes on international eBay sites
Check out the links below to keep track of the changes on other international eBay sites:
Austria – eBay.at
Belgium – French
Belgium – Flemish
France – eBay.fr
Germany – eBay.de
Ireland – eBay.ie
Italy – eBay.it
Netherlands – eBay.nl
Poland – eBay.pl
Spain – eBay.es
Switzerland – eBay.ch
At Webinterpret we stay on top of the latest eBay updates across international eBay sites. If you make sure all your domestic listings are updated, we will take care of the rest. Thus, we will take care of updating category structures and item specifics across all your translated listings and other potential changes. Happy selling!
Webinterpret supports merchants selling on big, international ecommerce platforms, such as eBay and Amazon as well as more local marketplaces. Feel free to contact our sales experts who will help you analyze your international sales potential and choose markets that will offer you the best possible return on investment.
Learn more about eBay Advertising!