The eBay User Agreement: update
Last Monday eBay announced a number of changes to its User Agreement. Here are a few of the key updates.
- Simplification of policies: to make them clearer
- Fees: if seller fees have been reduced, no advance notice will be provided
- Listing conditions: information about the commercial performance of your listings may be displayed to other sellers. Metatags and URL links in your listings may also be removed to improve third party search engine results.
- Authorisation to contact you & record calls: updates on when eBay may contact you, using autodialed or prerecorded calls or by text message. These updates also include information on how you can change your communication preferences.
- Returns & cancellations: eBay sellers offering returns can now enjoy creating automated rules for returns, refunds and replacements.
- Global Shipping Programme: buyers with questions about the points overlooked by their global shipping provider will be able to contact eBay’s customer service directly, e.g. customs clearance or international shipping.
eBay is looking to make their policies clearer and services more convenient to use.