Webinterpret in review for June 23, 2015
We’re back with another biweekly Webinterpret in Review article. This week we cover a variety of improvements added to the user experience, like a new Channel feature for the user interface and an improved top item selection process. We also have news about internal improvements that will increase overall product performance and some information about future services offered for Amazon US. Read on for more…
- We will implement a new channel dropdown to the user interface that will let sellers easily set up additional ecommerce platforms to sell items on. The channel button (see image below) will let users expand to Amazon if they have an eBay account and vice versa. Doing so will redirect them to the selected platform’s onboarding wizard, which will guide them through the process of expanding cross-border trade. The new feature will be launched this week. Here’s a sneak peek:
- We have improved the report screen for top items selected for listing. After a seller approves items for listing they will get a popup informing them of what to expect next. Here’s how it looks:
- We finished developing a new item eligibility/recommendation feature that will help list items faster. Old users are going to be moved to the new system within a few weeks.
- We will soon implement improvements to our external storage system. This will speed up our database and make adding new features easier.
- Development of Webinterpret services for Amazon US is coming along nicely. There’s no definitive date when it will be available but anyone who’s already interested in the new service can sign up here.
- We are considering creating a repricing feature that will give sellers full control over the price of international listings, irrespective of the original item’s price. This feature is still on the drawing board.
New articles added to our Help Center:
- New section dedicated to Webstores
- Why are items still being being listed after cancellation?
- How do you handle Best Offer items?
- How can I remove items listed internationally?
- How do you handle Amazon items with FBA shipping?
- How do I change my item’s size conversion chart?
- How do you handle custom conversion charts on Amazon?
- Webinterpret received a considerable amount of focus at the 3rd China Cross-Border eCommerce Conference, in Shanghai. Localization was discussed, as it is extremely important for any merchant to fully localize its teams, technology, strategy and product when entering new markets. You can read more about the conference here.
- Our building (Gdański Business Center) was nominated one of the most city-building commercial investments in Warsaw.
- We posted a blog article on the pros and cons of Amazon’s FBA service. You can read it here.
That’s it for this week. Expect another biweekly recap in two weeks with more information on what’s new at Webinterpret and what’s happening in the world of international ecommerce. In the meantime, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.